[ltp] ThinkPad 600 Second Hard Drive option

Eric Jorgensen linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 5 Jul 2002 23:54:51 -0600

On Sat, 6 Jul 2002 01:26:18 -0400
peter nol <zero@adeade.com> wrote:

> Speaking of second hard drives- i want to add striping to my thinkpad 600
> under linux by adding a second hard drive-
> is using the ultraslim bay the only way of doing that?
>
> (i've googled for "second hard drive thinkpad 600" and am still not too
> familliar with the concept :)
> Thank You

	Yes, it's the only way to have a second drive inside the thinkpad. there just
isn't room anywhere else.

	If you want an external drive, there are pcmcia drives, firewire drives, etc,
that could all work fine.

	Why not just install a higher capacity harddrive in your thinkpad? Unless
you're afraid of breaking your notebook, which i totally understand.

 - Eric