[ltp] fyi: syncing palm m500 with t22, success!

Robert Andersson linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sat, 6 Jul 2002 15:22:14 +0200

hi all!

i have recently been able to sync my palm m500 with my t22 running
mandrake 8.1, and i have some notes that i would like to share, first

	setserial /dev/ttyS1 uart none

does not seem to have any effect on the mandrake 2.4.8 and 2.4.18
kernels with serial support compiled directly into it. i had to
recompile, mandrake 2.4.18, the kernel having serial as module. after
rebooting the new kernel i had and still have some issues with pcmcia
but anyway... by the way --why the heck do one need to reboot to
switch between kernels, that's one reason why linux is a toy unix
system i suppose? ;) well after that i got ir up and running with

	rmmod serial
	modprobe ircomm-tty
	irattach /dev/ttyS1

no prob after that though i wonder if method uses sir or
fir... my best guess would be sir :)

yours,
/robert

--
Systems Administrator
Swedish National Graduate School of Language Technology