[ltp] fyi: booting without network

D. Sen linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sat, 06 Jul 2002 11:03:48 -0400

Thanks Robert. Thats a neat solution.

I guess a perfect solution is for a daemon which checks for network
activity/electrical connection on the ethernet port in the background.
This way it can call 'ifup ethX' when activity is detected. My typical
usage profile involves connecting the laptop to a LAN at home and again
a LAN at work. Right now, I have to manually ifup the ports at each
location.

DS

--
D. Sen, PhD