[ltp] New...

Jon Tabor linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 8 Jul 2002 09:54:14 -0700 (PDT)

In the TP 600E (what I use), if you hold down the 'F1' key and power on
the machine, it'll put you into the BIOS.  On the main screen it tells you
what the processor speed is.  Mine says 366Mhz, verified through Linux (as
per another poster's suggested method).

You may have to hold down the F1 key for a while.  I typically hold it
until I see the BIOS background.

On a semi-related note, I was on the phone with IBM tech support a while
ago (6+ months ago), and he told me of a key combination once in the BIOS
that would get you to some advanced settings.  Anyone know it?  It allowed
you to run some serious tests on the system.

Jon

On Mon, 08 Jul 2002 17:33:37 +0100
Steven Crane <steven@plansofmice.co.uk> wrote:

> ...Any way to get a processor ID...
>
> "Not sure why the question."
>
> Several available processor speeds for this machine. No obvious way of
checking that
> what I actually have is what I paid for.
>
> Pretty much everything else is reported through the software, can't see
an easy way to
> check the processor speed (or at least not one that doesn't involve a
screwdriver).

> ---Steven

"Eu acredito que você está na liga com o carniceiro.
I believe you are in league with the butcher."  - Miss Holly Golightly