[ltp] t30 experiences? and T23 experience???

Norman Levin linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 8 Jul 2002 21:14:49 -0500

Pam Huntley wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm not sure if I understand you correctly.  On a T30, I was able to
>> get output to both the LCD and the CRT by cycling through the 3
>> options on Fn-F7.   Have you tried this?  Or do you want to do it
>> specifically with software?  Or did I just totally misunderstand?

** are you cycling around in win2k?  Then it works - but ONLY after
win2k comes up.  There clearly is some proprietary code that S3 has
not released OR is only available in the PDISPLAY.EXE and PDTRAY.EXE
programs that IBM supplies with win2k.

If you try this in Linux, there is not cycle - you toggle between
crt and lcd but not both.

norm levin
ps - the t30 chip.. is that a S3 SuperSavage IX/MX ???
That's what I have on the t23.