[ltp] 760el display

Daniel linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 9 Jul 2002 00:12:53 -0700 (PDT)

hey, im new to  linux, i previously had win95 on my 760el.
im in the process of downloading and installing slackware
linux.  I am having some difficulty configuring x window.
whenever i try to start it, it loads but the screen is
garbled.  is this incorrect refresh rate? both the auto
configuration, and when i did it manually give the same
results,  changing color depth does affect the color of the
"fuzz" and thats about it.  also i cant get lilo to load in
any resolution to load higher than 640x480. anyways, im
gonna go back and mess around with it some more.

anyone who can help me please do.
the_daniel_m@yahoo.com