[ltp] New...

Dave Coleman linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 9 Jul 2002 10:12:35 -0400

Hi,
I'm facing the same situation (no manual) with my TP 600 (off-lease special
from an on-line discount house).  Would you be so kind as to send me a link
to the document you found?

I have used  and installed several LINUX distributions on desktops, but I'm
not an expert and I'm a bit nervous about atempting an install on the laptop
until I have more info at my disposal.  Hence, the last two weeks of lurking
on this mailing list.

I'm leaning towards Gentoo... any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Steven Crane [mailto:steven@plansofmice.co.uk]
Sent: Tuesday, July 09, 2002 4:21 AM
To: linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Subject: Re: [ltp] New...

...In the TP 600E (what I use), if you hold down the 'F1' key and power on
the machine, it'll put you into the BIOS...

Ta. The machine is 2nd hand and did not come with a manual. Didn't think to
look in
the BIOS but I'd probably have wasted about an hour holding the "delete"
key.

I have finally managed to persuade IBM's website to part with a PDF "user
guide". Took
three days of searching but I finally hit the right note. Variations on he
terms
"instructions" and  "manual" proved most unproductive?

---Steven