[ltp] 600e Memory Test in BIOS

Steven Crane linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 09 Jul 2002 23:07:00 +0100

Can someone give me an idea of how long the BIOS Memory test routine is supposed
to take?

All the others tests checked out OK, but the Memory test seemed to lock up.

The Harddrive test appeared not to be doing anything for a long time, but in that case
the cursor remained moveable. In the case of the memory check the cursor froze and
eventually I switched the machine off.

My current configuration is 366MHz / 128MB (inc. the 32MB system RAM).
Presumably the length of testing varies with the amount of memory and speed of
processor.

Reluctant to run the test again, without having some idea of how long I can expect to
wait for it to complete.

---Steven