[ltp] t30 experiences? and T23 experience???

Norman Levin linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 9 Jul 2002 22:17:37 -0500

Pam Huntley wrote:
>> For the T30, according to IBM's website, the model I've got right now
>> (2366-42u), has an XGA(1024x768) TFT LCD.
>>
>> So that would probably explain why it wouldn't do 1400x1050.  Looks
>> like I meant to type 1024x768 below, where I have 1280x1024. Oh
>> well. The Radeon card itself, however, will go all the way up to
>> 1600x1200.
>>
>> Will your machine cycle through the three options if you reduce your
>> resolution to 1024x768?

** not in linux.  There is definitely something 'proprietary' going on that
IBM knows about with PDISPLAY but is not making generally known.
I had notes from people who write professional Xservers and they say they
can write to both at the same time.

I'll tell you, as a 27 year IBMer - now retired, I still have great loyalty
to IBM and their products.  But if I had known that the T23 could NOT do this
as a bios function, I would have purchased the less expensive T22 model or
gone DELL.  As an instructor/presenter, this feature is a must - not a nice to
have.

norm