[ltp] TV Output from R30

Andrzej Wasowski linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 10:06:09 +0200

Thanks for the pointers. IT definitely opens a new range for experiments
tonight. I will try to post some observations. If anybody has an X
server config running with TV-out (whatever card) I would be glad to see
it on the list. Then I at least can see what kind of things I can tweak.

One thing I am afraid of is if it is able to emit PAL signal. There is
no NTSC/PAL setting in BIOS, any many computer vendors actually ship
NTSC cards in Europe... . Does anybody know how to find out if the card
actually sends something but it is not the correct standard? (without
having an NTSC TVset)

thanks for all help

andrzej

PS. I hope, that not being a cheap brand,  IBM ships TPs with european
output in Europe. This hope slowly degrades however.  I have used
several notebooks from different companies running linux until now, but
none of them gave me even close amount amount of problems as my R30. And
all this despite IBM supporting Linux. This is sad.