[ltp] T23 - LCD screen goes to 'level 1' brightness on battery - but does NOT come back?

Norman Levin linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 20:21:29 -0500

Norman Levin wrote:
>> My t23 was going into a 'suspend?' after 5 minutes on battery so I
>> decided to check some of the energy conservation features.  I
>> changed the suspend time to 15 minutes, but had the LCD screen drop
>> intensity after 5 minutes.
>>
>> Son of a gun - after 5 minutes, the intensity took a noticeable
>> drop.  I then plugged in the supply - but there was NO change in
>> intensity.  It did NOT come back to the HIGH intensity that I like.
>>
>> I shutdown - popped the power supply and battery for a couple of
>> minutes - started
>> again, but I'm convinced the intensity is nothing like it was before
>> I did this.
>>
>> I double checked the bios setting - and I have it set to HIGH.
>>
>> Has anybody else run into this?
>>
>> norm

** btw - the FIX was to click on the battery icon and select the "high
performance" icon which brings the screen back to level 7 brightness.
norm