[ltp] make config?

James Holden linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 11:01:33 +0100

Daniel,

It depends if the error message appeares immediately or if some (possibly a
lot) of stuff has scrolled up your screen. If it appears immediately, it sounds
like you don't have the GNU Make program installed. You'll need to add the
development stuff you decided not to install the first time round to your
machine. If it appears later, post the last few lines which came up before the
message to the group and we'll have a look.

James

Quoting Daniel <the_daniel_m@yahoo.com>:

> --- Tino Keitel <tino.keitel@innominate.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, Jul 09, 2002 at 16:40:38 -0700, Daniel wrote:
> > > yea so exactly how do i find out how what version i
> > > installed?
> >
> > A stock 2.4.18 kernel comes with 0.6.8., so 0.7.4 sould
> > be newer no
> > matter what kernel you are using.
> >
> > > i downloaded that thing at
> > > http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/tridentfb but what
> > > exactly do i do with it.
> >
> > As you can read in the supplied README file, you have to
> > build a new
> > kernel with the tridentfb.c and tridentfb.h files
> > replaced by the new
> > versions from sourceforge.

> > my
> > screen
> > the
> > the
> > color
> anyone know why it says command not found when i try to
> 'make config' ? i am building a new kernel as thats what i
> have been told to do to fix my framebuffer problems..

James Holden, Leeds, United Kingdom
james-at-microcosmos.co.uk
In a world without boundaries, who needs Gates?