[ltp] t30 experiences? and T23 experience???

Robert Andersson linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 13:06:20 +0200

DS> Tim must not have had an access to a T21 either. (I actually worked out
DS> what needed to be changed in the s3swich source to make it produce a
DS> simultaneous LCD & CRT display....you oughtta find the postings in the
DS> archives). But it only worked intermittently (less than 5% of the time)
DS> on the T21 @ 1400x1050.

i hade some problems with two t22 on 1400x1050, showing lcd and crt at
the same time under X. my ad hoc solution to this was to install
s3switch and start up yet another x-session on another display with
1024x768 resolution :)

that is doing something like this

	s3switch both
	startx -- :1	# not :0 that will be running the 1400x1050

this will take you inteo 1024x758, looks like crap on your lcd but it
works. :) then log off as usual, getting back into 1400x1050
resolution. when back also do

	s3switch lcd

yours,
/robert

--
Systems Administrator
Swedish National Graduate School of Language Technology