[ltp] t30 experiences? and T23 experience???

D. Sen linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 07:29:11 -0400

Robert Andersson wrote:

> DS> Tim must not have had an access to a T21 either. (I actually worked out
> DS> what needed to be changed in the s3swich source to make it produce a
> DS> simultaneous LCD & CRT display....you oughtta find the postings in the
> DS> archives). But it only worked intermittently (less than 5% of the time)
> DS> on the T21 @ 1400x1050.
>
> i hade some problems with two t22 on 1400x1050, showing lcd and crt at
> the same time under X. my ad hoc solution to this was to install
> s3switch and start up yet another x-session on another display with
> 1024x768 resolution :)
>
> that is doing something like this
>
> 	s3switch both
> 	startx -- :1	# not :0 that will be running the 1400x1050
>
> this will take you inteo 1024x758, looks like crap on your lcd but it
> works. :) then log off as usual, getting back into 1400x1050
> resolution. when back also do
>
> 	s3switch lcd
>
> yours,
> /robert

Interesting. Glad you could make use of the 's3switch both' mode :-) Any
ever try a multiheaded display solution (just setup to mirror?) for the
T2x series. (Thats what people on the XFree mailing list are suggesting
I try for my T30)