[ltp] Trackpoint and Scrolling on R31 ?

Richard Neill linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 13:59:21 +0100

ich@borisschroeder.de wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I've just got my new TP R31 and installed Slackware 8.1.
>
> Up to now everything seems to work fine, but I'm really missing the
> scroll feature that the third button provides combined with the moving
> trackpoint in Wintendo.

Dear Boris,

You probably want this:
http://www-hft.ee.tu-berlin.de/~strauman/tp4utils/.

Sadly, it doesn't give you 3rd button scroll (and explains why this
cannot be done). However, it does do other things, most usefully, it
makes the TP more sensitive, and gives you "press to select" if you want it.

I also miss the middle-scroll, although after a while, I got used to it!
The standard linux mouse behaviour of "select -> autocopy; middle button
-> paste" is a worthy succesor. Also, there are ways to scroll on the
keyboard. Or, you could install an external wheel mouse.

Sorry if that wasn't quite what you wanted to hear!

Richard