[ltp] Trackpoint and Scrolling on R31 ?

ZeiMoT linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 14:54:20 +0200 (MEST)

On Thu, 11 Jul 2002 ich@borisschroeder.de wrote:
> ZeiMoT <zeimot@astrakan.hig.se> schrieb am 11.07.2002, 13:49:29:
>
> > Why not use the pressure sensitivity of the stick to emulate the wheel?
> > That would be nice, just pressing the stick a little harder and 'voila' we
> > have both a scrollwheel emulation and a middle button.
>
> This sounds really nice, too... my question is now of course: is this
> possible or just a good idea ? ;)

I don't know if it is possible, but if it is possible to have a 6th mouse
button that the tp4d can generate on trackpoint presses _and_ then follow
the XF86Config-4 guidelines mentioned earlier using button 6 for scroll
emulation. A lots of if's then, consider the current state to be: "a good
idea".

  -=< ZeiMoT >=-

 D a n i e l                                              /ei|\/|o |
 D a l e t h s s o n                                     /_  |  |  |