[ltp] make config?

Norman Levin linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 08:53:12 -0500

Daniel wrote:
 >> anyone know why it says command not found when i try to
>> 'make config' ? i am building a new kernel as thats what i
>> have been told to do to fix my framebuffer problems..

If 'make' can't be found, it means you did not select the
'developement' package during install (assume this is a red hat
install).  There is a separate package 'kernel develop' that
should also be selected.

There are so many little pieces in each of these 2 big install
packages, that I wouldn't even suggest you try to rpm -i them
individually but see if your redhat version supports the 'update'
install where you can ADD packages to the original install.
norm

ps - should these questions be in a comp.unix.linux.???