[ltp] Clock losing time

Jim Redmond linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 09:19:44 -0500

Most internal system clocks become "off" over time and must be
corrected.  You should probably look into an NTP client package, which
will update the system clock based on "reliable" timeservers.  On
Debian, you can just apt-get install ntpdate (an NTP client for laptops
and other machines with inconstant network connections) and point it to
a local timeserver or two (you should be able to google some).

On my 760XL, I've been running ntpdate for several months.  As a result,
that laptop's clock is the most accurate clock in my house.

HTH.

--
Jim Redmond
jim@scrubnugget.com