[ltp] t30 experiences? and T23 experience???

Tino Keitel linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 16:08:48 +0200

On Fri, Jul 12, 2002 at 09:48:47 -0400, Dale P. Smith wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Jul 2002 01:32:30 +0200
> Robert Andersson <robert@gslt.hum.gu.se> wrote:
>
> > norman,

> > NL> Very ingenious.  But as a presenter, I like to see on my LCD what is
> > NL> being projected.  You have two separate session.  While I could look
> > NL> at the visual on my LCD screen,
> >
> > it's no problem if you start up a new window manager on the :1
> > session, and distributions like mandrake and red hat will do just that
> > automagically for you. :) so yes after starting the new xsession on :1
> > you will have the same image on the lcd as on your crt, though the lcd
> > image will be abit crappy on your 1400x1050 display. you can of course
> > switch back to the :0 xsession on your lcd, the nice 1400x1050, but
> > then you will have just that problem you mentioned...
>
> How do you configure X to start with a different resolution on :1 ?

Configure X with command line options to use another config file
(-xf86config file).

Regards,
Tino

--
tino.keitel@innominate.com
dipl.-inf.                        Innominate Security Technologies AG