[ltp] t30 experiences? and T23 experience???

Norman Levin linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 08:59:11 -0500

Andrzej Wasowski wrote:
>> Norman Levin wrote:
>>
>>> Very ingenious.  But as a presenter, I like to see on my LCD what is
>>> being projected.
>>>

>> Perhaps I misunderstood again, but this is exactly what Robert meant.
>> You just display your pdf in the new session you opened.

** but this pdf display goes to the crt and I don't see anything on my lcd.
So, I now have to look at the projection screen and move the mouse to the 'next
arrow'
to click and advance to the next pictures.  This might not seem like a big deal,
but
I usually face my audience which means the screen is behind me.  Having to go to
the other session on the crt means I have to turn... it just breaks the flow of
a presentation.  The 'multi-head mirror' approach seems like a way to go.  XIG
has
sent me many informative notes and they say their driver can do this.  And maybe
IBM will port PDISPLAY.EXE and PDTRAY.EXE to linux and make this all moot.
OR put it in the bios where it belongs!!
norm

 If you need