[ltp] t30 experiences? and T23 experience???

D. Sen linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 10:54:58 -0400

Norman Levin wrote:

[...]

> Don't know when I'll get a chance to try your additions - will take a while.

Rember to customize that config file for the Savage chipset. I set that
up for my T30 (ATI chipset). Just sent it as an example of what a
multi-headed config might look like.

(On a related note, I have had success in getting simultaneous CRT + LCD
display on the T30 (with 75 Hz refresh rates for the external CRT). This
was thanks to the people on the XPert mailing list (archives can be
found on http://www.xfree.org). I will put up a web page of what I went
through for the last two weeks to get linux up and going on the T30
....as soon as I get some time.) **Now* I can say: the T30 is a
wonderful machine. All my misgivings/frustrations for the lack of
support for my previous thinkpad (T21) are almost gone :) (Moving from
S3 to ATI for the graphics chipset was a great move....IMHO). The
integrated wireless in awesome....etc, etc :-)

DS

> norm

D. Sen, PhD
http://www.auditorymodels.org/~dsen