[ltp] t30 pcmcia glitches...

Robert S. Thau linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 11:19:17 -0400 (EDT)

D. Sen writes:
 > Robert S. Thau wrote:
 >  > I've got RedHat 7.3 running on a T30, mostly painlessly; there is one
 >  > annoying glitch I've run into, however; cardmgr doesn't always detect
 >  > insertion or removal of my pcmcia modem.
 >
 > Are you using the yenta socket from the kernel or the pcmcia_cs package?
 > (I am using the kernel pcmcia support).

The kernel and modules are whatever comes with stock RedHat 7.3 ---
though I have used up2date to pick up newer versions of everything
other than the kernel which was covered by their errata.

(Hmmm... there is a kernel upgrade in the 7.3 RHN channel, but the
advisory doesn't mention pcmcia, and bugzilla.redhat.com doesn't seem
to mention pcmcia related bugs in 7.3...).

rst