[ltp] Clock losing time

Vincent -LKV- linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 13:30:38 -0400

I know this type of solution was already mentioned in this thread, but wh=
at
I've done is use a program called "Dimension 4" which will access one of =
many
reliable atomic clock time servers and synchronize your computer's clock
accordingly.  =

What I like even more about this little program is a feature that basical=
ly
lets a user close the program after it synchronizes once.  If people need=

unwavering atomic clock accuracy, you can always sync up every 15 minutes=
 or
at an interval of choosing.

"Norman Levin" <normanlevin@attglobal.net> wrote:
> Jim Redmond wrote:
> >> Most internal system clocks become "off" over time and must be
> >> corrected.  You should probably look into an NTP client package,
> >> which will update the system clock based on "reliable" timeservers.
> >> On Debian, you can just apt-get install ntpdate (an NTP client for
> >> laptops and other machines with inconstant network connections) and
> >> point it to a local timeserver or two (you should be able to google
> >> some).
> >>
> >> On my 760XL, I've been running ntpdate for several months.  As a
> >> result, that laptop's clock is the most accurate clock in my house.
> >>
> >> HTH.

> I seem to remember this wasn't a TP600 problem but one that was general=
=2E
> I remember getting an announcment email from IBM years ago saying there=
 was
> a little module you could obtain at their thinkpad driver update site
(think
> it was there) that would fix this problem.  That was for win95 and win9=
8
systems.