[ltp] Clock losing time

Vidyut Luther linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 17:42:30 +0000 (CST)

For Linux, almost all distros come with ntp, and ntpd which will auto sync
your time.

For Win32, if you have XP the clock has an ntp interface.
On Fri, 12 Jul 2002, Vincent -LKV- wrote:

> I know this type of solution was already mentioned in this thread, but what
> I've done is use a program called "Dimension 4" which will access one of many
> reliable atomic clock time servers and synchronize your computer's clock
> accordingly.
>
> What I like even more about this little program is a feature that basically
> lets a user close the program after it synchronizes once.  If people need
> unwavering atomic clock accuracy, you can always sync up every 15 minutes or
> at an interval of choosing.

> > I seem to remember this wasn't a TP600 problem but one that was general.
> > I remember getting an announcment email from IBM years ago saying there was
> > a little module you could obtain at their thinkpad driver update site
> (think
> > it was there) that would fix this problem.  That was for win95 and win98
> systems.
> > It applied to my TP385ED and lots of other systems.
> > norm

> > The linux-thinkpad mailing list home page is at:
> > http://www.bm-soft.com/~bm/tp_mailing.html

Vidyut Luther
Linuxpowered, Inc
http://www.linuxpowered.com
p:732-822-5689
p:210-685-1861
pager: pagevid@linuxpowered.com
f:1-877-576-6327
Nobody will ever need more than 640 kB RAM. (Bill Gates, 1983)
Windows 98 requires 16 MB RAM. (Bill Gates, 1999)
Logical conclusion:  Nobody will ever need Windows 98.