[ltp] t30 experiences? and T23 experience???

Norman Levin linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 13:13:57 -0500

Dale P. Smith wrote:
>> On Fri, 12 Jul 2002 01:32:30 +0200
>> Robert Andersson <robert@gslt.hum.gu.se> wrote:
>>
>>> norman,

>>> what is NL> being projected.  You have two separate session.  While
>>> I could look NL> at the visual on my LCD screen,
>>>
>>> it's no problem if you start up a new window manager on the :1
>>> session, and distributions like mandrake and red hat will do just
>>> that automagically for you. :) so yes after starting the new
>>> xsession on :1 you will have the same image on the lcd as on your
>>> crt, though the lcd image will be abit crappy on your 1400x1050
>>> display. you can of course switch back to the :0 xsession on your
>>> lcd, the nice 1400x1050, but then you will have just that problem
>>> you mentioned...
>>
>> How do you configure X to start with a different resolution on :1 ?
>>
>> -Dale

I don't know how Robert does it, but I have a couple of different depth
statements and the modeline for that section specifies the lower resolutions
that I want.  startx -- -depth 16  for example, starts me up at 1078*768.
startx -- -depth 24 starts me at 800*600.   Im sure there are elegant solutions
but this was a quicky.
norm