[ltp] t30 pcmcia glitches...

Norman Levin linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 13:41:21 -0500

Robert S. Thau wrote:
>> D. Sen writes:
>>  > Robert S. Thau wrote:
>>  >  > I've got RedHat 7.3 running on a T30, mostly painlessly; there
>> is one  >  > annoying glitch I've run into, however; cardmgr doesn't
>> always detect  >  > insertion or removal of my pcmcia modem.
>>  >
>>  > Are you using the yenta socket from the kernel or the pcmcia_cs
>> package?  > (I am using the kernel pcmcia support).
>>
>> The kernel and modules are whatever comes with stock RedHat 7.3 ---
>> though I have used up2date to pick up newer versions of everything
>> other than the kernel which was covered by their errata.
>>
>> (Hmmm... there is a kernel upgrade in the 7.3 RHN channel, but the
>> advisory doesn't mention pcmcia, and bugzilla.redhat.com doesn't seem
>> to mention pcmcia related bugs in 7.3...).
>>
>> rst
There is a difference in the pcmcia support built in to the kernel vs
the external compiles modules.  Dave Hinds - one of the principal authors
of this package is very helpful but I don't think he knows/follows this group.
He does follow: comp.os.linux.portable  and I think a lot of the general
linux/portable questions would get quick results of put in that group.
norm