[ltp] Mandrake 8.2 vs. TP 600e

Chris Stone linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 11:02:32 -0300

Steven,

Your results in sound and modem settings echo mine in Caldera Open Linux
Workstation with the Thinkpad 770x....(ie. Not a hope in hell to get them
working!!).  One thing I noticed right away... KDE documentation is very
sparse.

In my configuration, I first checked the Windows settings of my sound card
and modem. I wrote those down. Then, I tried the settings using a special
program in Caldera that sets the kernel loading of drivers.... no success
yet.

My Linux seems to think the thinkpad has a CS46** driver (that's what it
says when it probes). On some sites on the internet, people say it's a 4232
chipset...

No idea... I think I may just install RedHat 7.x instead.... as it may be
easier to configure the sound by following other's examples.

Chris