[ltp] TP770, XFree 4.1 and AC kernels.

Martin Fluch linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 01:19:57 +0300 (EEST)

Heips!

Since long time I experience with the all the recent AC kernels (like at
the moment 2.4.19-rc1-ac3) and the newer XFree86 4.1 the problem that
switching from Console to X makes the screen of my TP 770 turn slowly
white (until I restart X). With the same symptoms the computer fails over
an suspend.

The problem does not aries with the plain unpatched kernels (like 2.4.18
or 2.4.19-rc1).

Does anyone have had the same problem and a solution to that?

I would like to use the AC kernels for the better memory management.

Cheers,
- Martin