[ltp] Mandrake 8.2 vs. TP 600e

Arnold Troeger linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 07:44:13 +0700

Andrew Lee wrote:

> I did mangage to get my soundcard working under Mandrake 8.2 on the 600e,
> I used sndconfig and set the driver to CS 4232. IRQ5 IO x330 and IRQ 9 for
> the other bit (can't remember exact settings).
> But I still couldn't get the modem working, so eventually I gave up and
> installed
> Windows 2000. Don't let anyone fool you, Linux is really not ready for the
> big time yet. What people need is to be able to work, not have to mess
> around hacking things up
> for weeks before realising it's never going to work.
> FWIW, Win2000 set up everything first time, no need for any drivers or
> downloads.
>
> regards
>
> -AJL

I'm running Linux Mandrake 8.2 on my 600e with both sound and the
winmodem working fine. I used the same settings to get the sound card
working, and I spent a fair bit of time playing with the PS2.exe utility
to get the interrupts set properly, but it all works now and has done
since Mandrake 8.1

Best regards,
Arnold
--
Arnold Troeger				Unocal Thailand
Phone:  011-66-2-545-5456      		5th Floor, Tower 3, SCB Park Plaza