[ltp] Special Keys and AGP

Vidyut Luther linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 17:29:16 +0000 (CST)

Now you've got my interest.. how would I do this (checking the cmos
values)?

Another question is regarding AGP 4X. I have the A31P, which boasts AGP 4X
on the website. In XP with the default drivers that are provided, I was
able to see if Windows ran in AGP 4X mode, there's a setting that lets you
do it. I was able to use it fine.

But in Linux I was not. able to go to AGP 4X

`glxinfo | grep -i "renderer string"
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Radeon 20010402 AGP 1x x86/MMX/SSE`

I've checked all over the BIOS, there was no way I could set the mode to
4X. I talked with mharris of Red Hat who wrote the driver for the ATI 7800
card. I cannot just change the XFree86 config file and have it switch to
4X automatically. I tried it anyway, and it didn't work.

Does anyone know of how I could force AGP 4X on this thing ? I would
really like to see this working.. as I could switch to Linux for UT and
Q3. Hopefully, the next version of Unreal 2002 will work on Linux as well.

On Wed, 17 Jul 2002, Robert Hollis wrote:

> Boris,
> try checking cmos values.  I know that some of the special keys togegle
> cmos ram locations.
>
> Robert Hollis
> 630-573-7383 (T/L 677)
> e-mail - vdrlholl@us.ibm.com
>
> IBM
> 2707 Butterfield Rd.
> Oak Brook, IL.  60523
>

>                       Boris Schroeder
>                       <ich@borisschroeder.d        To:       linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
>                       e>                           cc:
>                       Sent by:                     Subject:  [ltp] Special Keys on R31?
>                       owner-linux-thinkpad@
>                       bm-soft.com
>

>                       07/17/02 10:54 AM
>                       Please respond to
>                       linux-thinkpad
>

> Hello list,
>
> is it possible to use the special keys on the thinkpad R31 (thinkpad
> button, volume up/down, mute) within linux?
>
> mute actually works out of the box, but I'd like to use the other keys as
> well.
>
> showkey -s and xev do not show anything when pressig/releasing those
> buttons. they don't seem to produce keycodes.
>

> thx in advance
>
> Boris
> --
> Schaltet das Internet ab!
> http://dasinternetabschalten.de

Vidyut Luther
Linuxpowered, Inc
http://www.linuxpowered.com
p:732-822-5689
p:210-685-1861
pager: pagevid@linuxpowered.com
f:1-877-576-6327
And 1.1.81 is officially BugFree(tm), so if you receive any bug-reports
on it, you know they are just evil lies.  -- Linus Torvalds