[ltp] apm and preemptive kernel patch

Fabrice Planchon linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 23:10:47 +0200

Hi,
I was unable to get suspend/hibernate to work properly (on a 560X),
with 2.4.18 and the preemptive kernel patch. Without it, it works
fine.
Just looking around, I noticed somewhere some comments on the
incompatibility between apm support and SMP support, and since the
preemptive kernel patch utilizes SMP support, I guess it could come
from that...
so the question is: did anybody get it to work on a 2.4.* kernel ?
what about the developpement kernels, since the preemptive kernel
patch has been merged in recently ? did anybody manage to get
preemption enabled with apm working at the same time ?

                         F.