[ltp] 4x AGP on the A31p (was: Special Keys and AGP)

Kristjan Onu linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 23:38:35 +0000 (UTC)

Vidyut Luther wrote:
> Another question is regarding AGP 4X. I have the A31P, which boasts AGP 4X
> on the website. In XP with the default drivers that are provided, I was
> able to see if Windows ran in AGP 4X mode, there's a setting that lets you
> do it. I was able to use it fine.
>
> But in Linux I was not. able to go to AGP 4X
>
> `glxinfo | grep -i "renderer string"
> OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Radeon 20010402 AGP 1x x86/MMX/SSE`

Thought you'd like to know that on my A31p, I see:

OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Radeon 20010402 AGP 4x x86/MMX

(and glxgears gets about 970 FPS)

Other than having to specify "AGPMode" in my XF86Config file, I didn't
need to do anything special, so I'm afraid I won't be much help in
getting your A31p up to 4x AGP. Let me know if you think I can help.

Kristjan