[ltp] Re: 4x AGP on the A31p (and T30)

D. Sen linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 21:11:08 -0400

On the T30 which has the Radeon Mobility M7 graphics chipset, I can get
4x AGP up by editing the "Option	    "AGPMode" "4" in the devices section of
XF86Config-4.

*However* The machine doesnt survive a suspend-resume cycle in AGP 4x
mode. The machine freezes requiring a cold reboot at an attempt to
resume the machine after it has been suspended. Same symptom persists
when I set the option for AGPMode "2".

A31 machines portray this behaviour as well?

Kristjan Onu wrote:
> Rob Mayoff <mayoff@dqd.com> wrote:
>
>>+---------- On Jul 18, Kristjan Onu said:
>>
>>>Other than having to specify "AGPMode" in my XF86Config file, I didn't
>>>need to do anything special, so I'm afraid I won't be much help in
>>>getting your A31p up to 4x AGP.
>>
>>Are you using the Radeon framebuffer console driver?  This is separate
>>from the radeon X module, but perhaps it initializes the AGP state.
>

> To be honest, I'm not sure. lsmod does list radeon (and agpgart), but
> in my XF86Config-4, I have "UseFBDev" "false".
>
> Kristjan

D. Sen, PhD
http://www.auditorymodels.org/~dsen