[ltp] Re: 4x AGP on the A31p (and T30)

Vidyut Luther linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 15:42:16 +0000 (CST)

Just a note to all those who are using the AGP 4x mdoe by setting the mode
in X config.

This is what I got from Mike Harris,
"As far as AGP goes though, it doesn't matter what
card/chip you have.  XFree86 can only use whatever AGPmode that
the chipset is in when it starts up, which is currently
programmed by the BIOS."

This might be the reason why you're having issues with the card and the
APM etc ? .

i'll look at XiG's server just to see if AGP 4x is possible.
In other words, X should not be used to set the AGP mode of the card.

--
Vidyut Luther
Linuxpowered, Inc