[ltp] apm and preemptive kernel patch

Gerald Timothy Quimpo linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
19 Jul 2002 21:57:54 -0400

On Fri, 2002-07-19 at 20:37, Eric Jorgensen wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Jul 2002 23:10:47 +0200
> Fabrice Planchon <fab@math.jussieu.fr> wrote:
>
> > so the question is: did anybody get it to work on a 2.4.* kernel ?
> > what about the developpement kernels, since the preemptive kernel
> > patch has been merged in recently ? did anybody manage to get
> > preemption enabled with apm working at the same time ?
>
> 	They probably just accidentally broke APM when they implemented
>   preemptability. try asking the preempt people about it.

i'm not "preempt people", just a user. but i've got preempt and
apm working on my Thinkpad 770.  the kernel is:

linux-mandrake-2.4.18-16mdk with the preempt patch, plus
mki and win4lin patches for win4lin support.

works fine.

tiger

--
Gerald Timothy Quimpo  tiger*quimpo*org gquimpo*sni*ph tiger*sni*ph

  Parenthood.  It's not for the weak.
      http://www.lileks.com/bleats/ archive/02/0702/070202.html#071202