[ltp] sound on t23

Andrew McMillan linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
21 Jul 2002 15:40:08 +1200

On Sun, 2002-07-21 at 04:24, Andrzej Wasowski wrote:
> Norman Levin wrote:
> > Andrzej Wasowski wrote:
>
> > ** Thanks.  I found GMIX and the slider controls were slightly below
> > max for CD.  Bringing it up 1/16 of an inch made a BIG difference.
>
> Sometime you have to make *any* change (or start the mixer) to bring the
> settings into run. I do not know how to ensure that mixer settings are
> restored during boot or login. The experience is that on many systems
> you boot with some random default values. Does anybody knows what to do
> with that?

I use a small package called 'setmixer'.  In Debian, at least, this has
an init.d script which responds to start and stop events by saving and
restoring the settings.

This means that on reboot my mixer settings are restored to what they
were when I shut the system down.

Other command line mixer programs, such as alsamixer, should be able to
do the same thing.

Regards,
					Andrew.