[ltp] mwavem-1.0.3 released

Jim Harvey linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 21 Jul 2002 11:27:04 -0500

peter nol wrote:

> Jon -i'm running redhat 7.2 and i installed the kernel sources rpm
> where do i point the mwave ./configure script?
> i've got something at /lib/modules2.4.7-10/kernel/
> but the configure script can't find the make file.
> Do i have to go to linux.org and download the original sources?
> Thank You.

You probably are missing the standard sym link in /usr/src from the redhat installed sources to "linux".  This USED to be setup during redhat installation but I noticed in the last couple of distros
it doesn't happen.  As root

cd /usr/src
ln -s linux-2.4.7-10 linux

An ls -l should then show a line like (this is from my 7.3 installation)

[root@Junkbox1 src]# ls -l
total 3
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           14 Jul 21 11:20 linux -> linux-2.4.18-3
drwxr-xr-x   16 root     root         4096 Jul 21 11:18 linux-2.4.18-3

Then try the ./configure again
--
    Jim Harvey, Naperville, Ill.  Amiga person - Linux person - WB8NBS/9
                He who dies with the most software wins.