[ltp] ram increase and ACP patch for 770

Harry Mangalam linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 09:49:28 -0700

For what it's worth, I'm running a 770x with 256M on 2.2.18 with no patches
and everything is detected & runs fine.  No idea about the 2.4 series tho
(altho I'm running an a22p with 512M on 2.4.18 with no additional patches).

hjm

SMichelle wrote:
> I'm looking to add more memory to my 770 (currently 160mb - planning an
> additional 128mb) and found the following reference "Installing the
> 128MB SDRAM Module for configurations above 160MB will require the ACP
> patch version 1.0 for ThinkPad 600, 770, 770E from IBM."
>
> The only ACP patch I found on the IBM site seems to relate to the mwave
> modem (http://www-124.ibm.com/acpmodem/). I have a Xircom pcmcia card
> and not an internal modem ... Is this patch necessary?
>
> Thanks.
>
> /Sharon

Cheers, Harry
Harry J Mangalam - 949 856 2847 (v&f) - hjm@tacgi.com (primary)