[ltp] Incorporating Thinkpad Detection into Lm_sensors

Mon, 22 Jul 2002 10:42:37 -0700

Thanks!  Good stuff.  We are getting some great info gathered.  We
think we know how to detect Thinkpads (with your help), and we even
think we know the exact chip which is being corrupted and where it
lives.  It's a little fuzzy why this chip acts unfavorably to our
probing, but we have some possible solutions to at least work around
the problem at this point.

Incidently, does anyone have a lm_sensors killed laptop who could do
some experiments for us?  It's possible (although don't get your hopes
up) that we might be able to fix it, or at least learn something.

Phil

On Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 09:18:21AM +0100, Michael Selway wrote:
> phil@netroedge.com writes:
>  > So, I need your help!  How can we detect a Thinkpad?
>
> There's some code in arch/i386/kernel/dmi_scan.c whose intention
> is to change an APM setting for all IBM laptops.  The relevant
> table entry looks like this in 2.4.18:
>
> { set_apm_ints, "IBM", {	/* Allow interrupts during suspend on IBM laptops */
> 		MATCH(DMI_SYS_VENDOR, "IBM"),
> 		NO_MATCH, NO_MATCH, NO_MATCH
> 		} },
>

> HTH,
> Michael.

Philip Edelbrock -- IS Manager -- Edge Design, Corvallis, OR
   phil@netroedge.com -- http://www.netroedge.com/~phil
 PGP F16: 01 D2 FD 01 B5 46 F4 F0  3A 8B 9D 7E 14 7F FB 7A