[ltp] IBM's Access Point 500

Eric Jorgensen linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 13:39:55 -0600

On 21 Jul 2002 13:22:39 -0500
"Rob Mayoff" <mayoff@dqd.com> wrote:

> +---------- On Jul 21, Till Straumann said:
> > There are also Access Points available (Apple AirPort, Lucent RG1000)
> > for which a configurator written in java is available. Hence no need
> > for a windows machine.
>
> The Lucent/Orinoco/Agere AP-500 can be configured using a Linux
> command-line program.

	Linksys, Global Sun, Compex, SMC, Netgear, Edimax, D-Link, and Eumitcom access
points, and other access points using the Atmel chipset can be controlled using
a pretty decent open source ncurses app in linux, bsd, whatever. It actually has
more functionality than the windows control app.

	The package is called ap-utils. Read about it at http://roma.polesye.net/ - I
use this app to control my WAP-11. from a debian box.

 - Eric