[ltp] sound on t23

Norman Levin linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 14:47:52 -0500

Pam Huntley wrote:
>>> However, on Suse80 - there must be something mis-defined for the cd-
>>> rw drive because while I can mount a data cd and read it, the sound
>>> players such as cdplayer, gcd and kscd do not see an audio cd in
>>> the machine. Keeps saying its empty.
>>
>> Did you get this working?  My experience with SuSE 80 on a A31p was
>> that it didn't set /dev/cdrom right for the CD-RW/DVD combo.  It
>> needed to point to /dev/sr0 and didn't.   You might want to check
>> that.
>>
>> Pam

Think I put this in on a prior append - but in case it slipped by me, that
is exactly the problem.  Interesting that the links for the cdrecorder (or
cdrom1 depending on system) points to different device files also!!  In fact,
some of the device files on one system do not exist on the other.  Need to check
this out.
norm