[ltp] mwavem-1.0.3 released

Charles E Taylor IV linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 17:23:43 -0400

> How can I get it to run at startup though? I'm on Mandrake 8.2 on a TP
> 600e

Assuming Mandrake is still pretty similar to Red Hat, copy the mwaved
script (from the driver tarball) to /etc/init.d then run

chkconfig --add mwaved

> Oh, and also, how to set up hibernation? I've got a 200MB dos
> partition with only the TP config utils on it, and 128 ram, so can I use
> that and if so how?

If you can boot to that partition, you can set up hibernation with the
PS2 program (PS2.EXE).  Assuming that your FAT partition is seen as DOS
drive C:, you'd run

PS2 HFILE C

The hibernation file will get written to the disk, eating up much of that
200 megs of space, and Fn-F12 should cause your Thinkpad to hibernate.

Fair warning - the mwave doesn't seem to survive hibernation,
so you will need to edit your APM scripts to restart the mwave on
resume.  In Red Hat, you can do this by editing /etc/sysconfig/apmd:

Put "mwaved" into RESTORESERVICES like so...

# some services might need restarting after a suspend/resume cycle - for
# example, named will shut down if all network interfaces go down.
# Any valid service (as in "ls /etc/init.d/") can be listed, and will be
# restarted if it was running at suspend time.
RESTORESERVICES="mwaved"