[ltp] Hibernation on mandrake 8.2

Charles E Taylor IV linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 10:20:07 -0400

On Fri, 26 Jul 2002 15:45:15 +0200
Fabrice Planchon <fab@math.jussieu.fr> wrote:

> it tends to be picky about what is going on when you try to freeze
> it. Namely, check pcmcia services are stopped, and maybe unload the
> sound drivers (I recall something about being on AC or not as well,
> tho personnally this does not matter),

On my 600, if there is a PCMCIA card in the slot it won't hibernate
(it'll just beep like the original poster mentioned).  You don't need to
unload sound drivers and it doesn't matter whether or not the laptop is on
AC power or not when you hibernate.  (It doesn't matter on the 380XD
either. :) )

I didn't have to do anything special to PCMCIA services to get the
laptop to hibernate - just so long as no card is in.  If it'll help, let
me know and I'll post my APMD configuration.  My 600 runs a rather stock
Redhat 7.3, but it shouldn't really matter what distribution you run.