[ltp] Xi Graphics needs a Thinkpad R30

Christian Hofstädtler linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 22:12:25 +0200

I downloaded the Accelerated-X LX Platinum Demo. I didn't find a generic
LCD definition in Xsetup but there is one. (put in your Xaccel.ini
"lcd/lcd-uxga.vda" if you want 1600x1200). With my A22p Xaccel works
fine while in X, but switching back to a terminal mode lets you there
with a "flickering". ( I find that's the same as with the Rage128
Framebuffer Kernel module.)

-ch

>>> normanlevin@attglobal.net 31.07.2002 04:14:33 >>>
ZeiMoT wrote:
>> According to this page

http://www.xigraphics.com/Pages/Atop/LaptopStatusListsSummit/LaptopLookingList.ht

ml
>>  Xi Graphics wishes to loan a R30 for 30 days (among other newer
IBM
>> models) to write a driver for it, in exchange you'll get a fully
>> licensed driver for the laptop. I'm not living anywhere close and I
>> badly need my Thinkpad on a daily basis. Anyway, I thought I should
>> mention it here in case there is someone interested.
>>
>>   -=< ZeiMoT >=-

The probably could use a T23 for the S3SuperSavage IX/MX chip.
I'm trying their Silver version - JUST started to install and test but
right now, not impressed.  Hopefully that will change when I configure
more - but now the image just squirms all over the place like the scan
rate is completely off.

This is for an LCD as part of a laptop!  There should be a generic LCD
laptop definition - but I didn't find it in the set up.

norm