[ltp] Mandrake 8.2 x Thinkpad 600 (not E)

Richard linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 23:54:14 +0100 (BST)

I think you were unlucky here, although I sympathise.

One caveat is - use the "Expert" install mode, not the Standard mode.
Both modes make automatic choices for you, but only in the expert mode do you get the
chance to see all of what's going on, and change it if you desire.

[Regarding disc size, I'd say you'll be quite comfortable with about
4GB for /   and  4GB for /home.
Of course, it depends on what you want to use the computer for - more
space is always nice! But I use my pc at work with only a 2GB hard disc,
split half and half - and that's perfectly OK for most uses.]

Good luck

Richard