[ltp] 600E system freeze--software or hardware?

James Holden linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 10:13:18 +0100

I had the exact same symptoms a few months back.... my hard disk failed in the
end.

I'd back up your data while you have the chance. If you have access to Norton
Ghost and a netware/NT/samba server and appropriate boot disk, take an image of
the drive while it's still good.

Check your logs too... I sometimes got errors in them from the IDE driver. Then
again, how can it write to the logs when the hard disk has died?

James

James Holden, Leeds, United Kingdom
james-at-microcosmos.co.uk
In a world without boundaries, who needs Gates?