R: [ltp] 600E (and other) Parts?

Luca Benelli linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 19:31:55 +0200

I'd stay away from IOMEGA hardware because of their "not so
customer-friendly policies"...
The JAZ system has been discontinued without warning...
If you have a JAZ drive and it breaks they will try to give you a new one
(if you still have guarantee) but if they don't have it they will give you
another product. BTW if it breaks out of guarantee you'll get NO spare
parts....
so you might sit on your mediums full of (useless) data... :o(
I'd think about it before buying an IOMEGA product...
It happened once, maybe it'll happen again.. sigh...

Bye, Luca

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: owner-linux-thinkpad@bm-soft.com
[mailto:owner-linux-thinkpad@bm-soft.com]Per conto di Patrick S Murphy
Inviato: giovedì 6 giugno 2002 18.17
A: linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Oggetto: Re: [ltp] 600E (and other) Parts?

Re. EXTERNAL DRIVE.
You MAY wish to consider the Iomega Click PC card drive; (portable-style
PCMIA i/f). You can add 40 meg which can come in handy... trade off
40-meg diskettes, dock the card into any USB-ported machine (dock and
connectors come with drive), comes with GREAT software, LINUX likes it,
etc.... All for a good price.
I picked mine at Radio Slack about 8 months ago at $69 and I've seen them
cheaper, since.

Hope all goes well!