[ltp] Thinkpad 760XL - XFree86 4.1.0 - video issues

Micah DS linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sat, 15 Jun 2002 07:18:13 +0000

ok, I have done some more work... First Slackware seems to be the easiest
linux to install on there (I copy all files to a DOS partition then use boot
disks) but now on with my question =)

Distro of Linux = Slackware 8.0
XFree86 Version = 4.1.0 (cames with Slak 8)
Video Card      = Trident Cyber 9385 w/ 1Mb VRam(EDO)

Section "Monitor"
Identifier  "Monitor0" #for easy identity =)
HorizSync   31.5-48.5
VertRefresh 55-90
Option      "DPMS"
EndSection

Section "Device"
Identifier  "Card0"
Driver      "trident"
VideoRam    1024
#Chipset    "tgui9960" #-> It autodetects this anyhow
BusID       "PCI:0:3:0"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
Identifier   "Screen0"
Device       "Card0"
Monitor      "Monitor0"
DefaultDepth 16
SubSection "Display"
   Depth 16
   Modes "800x600"
End SubSection
End Section
Ok, With this part in my XF86Config my Screen is
2/3rds major garbled(white and gray mess) and
1/3rd barely garbled (usually lines of colors (Vertical))

Anyidea at all on how to fix this? (XFree86 -configure displays nearly the
same except it lests all depths with no modes)

I am not gonna do anything major until i get an answer (last time i newked
it and paid big time trying to get it installed again =(

Micah (Adam Southerland)
Website Administrator
http://www.ameri-sale.com
http://www.naturesrus.com