[ltp] Thinkpad 760XL - XFree86 4.1.0 - video issues

Micah DS linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sat, 15 Jun 2002 17:45:46 +0000

I have good news =)
I took out the Modes line in the SubSection "Display" and now I can use and
depth - the bad is that everything is still garbled =(
I even Modified the Videoram down to 512

Can I see your Config File?
btw... They have an updated trident_drv.o, but it requires XFree86 4.2.0
(I want to know if I can get this working with 4.1.0)

Thanks,
Adam Southerland

>Try reducing the video ram in the config to 512
>I had the same problem and this fixed it.
>
>On Saturday 15 June 2002 02:18 am, you wrote:
> > ok, I have done some more work... First Slackware seems to be the
>easiest
> > linux to install on there (I copy all files to a DOS partition then use
> > boot disks) but now on with my question =)
> >
> > Distro of Linux = Slackware 8.0
> > XFree86 Version = 4.1.0 (cames with Slak 8)
> > Video Card      = Trident Cyber 9385 w/ 1Mb VRam(EDO)
> >
> > Section "Monitor"
> > Identifier  "Monitor0" #for easy identity =)
> > HorizSync   31.5-48.5
> > VertRefresh 55-90
> > Option      "DPMS"
> > EndSection
> >
> > Section "Device"
> > Identifier  "Card0"
> > Driver      "trident"
> > VideoRam    1024
> > #Chipset    "tgui9960" #-> It autodetects this anyhow
> > BusID       "PCI:0:3:0"
> > EndSection
> >
> > Section "Screen"
> > Identifier   "Screen0"
> > Device       "Card0"
> > Monitor      "Monitor0"
> > DefaultDepth 16
> > SubSection "Display"
> >    Depth 16
> >    Modes "800x600"
> > End SubSection
> > End Section
> > Ok, With this part in my XF86Config my Screen is
> > 2/3rds major garbled(white and gray mess) and
> > 1/3rd barely garbled (usually lines of colors (Vertical))
> >
> > Anyidea at all on how to fix this? (XFree86 -configure displays nearly
>the
> > same except it lests all depths with no modes)
> >
> > I am not gonna do anything major until i get an answer (last time i
>newked
> > it and paid big time trying to get it installed again =(
> >

> > Micah (Adam Southerland)
> > Website Administrator
> > http://www.ameri-sale.com
> > http://www.naturesrus.com

>The linux-thinkpad mailing list home page is at:
>http://www.bm-soft.com/~bm/tp_mailing.html

Micah (Adam Southerland)
Website Administrator
http://www.ameri-sale.com