[ltp] Re:Video for TP760XL

Charles E Taylor IV linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 08:58:22 -0400

On Fri, 14 Jun 2002 07:09:34 -0400
Matthew Muzzi <mmuzzi@Exchange.Softimage.com> wrote:

> That's weird cause I tried to install RedHat 7.3 and kept crashing to a
> blank screen during install.  I have 3 760XD's and it wouldn't work on
> any of them.  Any suggestions?

I haven't yet tried 7.3, but I notice that sometimes Redhat's installer
doesn't cope well with either bad media or low memory - crashing in odd
ways.  You might try using the text-based installer instead and then
configuring X.

For what it's worth, Redhat 7.2 installed fine on my 760XD.  I used the
network install because I didn't have a functional CD-ROM at the time.  I
*think* this kicked me into text mode.